Unique Way for Gwinnett Property Owners to Go Solar via Group Buying Continues Apace
LAWRENCEVILLE — Solarize Gwinnett – a community-based group-purchasing program for solar
energy, battery storage and other clean-energy technologies – has landed its first contract resulting from the campaign’s initial weeks.
The program led by a coalition of local community organizations is designed to help homeowners, businesses and nonprofits in Gwinnett become more resilient and reduce their energy expenses. Saving on the cost of renewable-energy systems by obtaining volume discounts on materials and installation services is the intent of the countywide initiative. Home and business owners have a limited time to access the special prices made available through the campaign. Valuable federal tax credits are also available and can provide significant additional savings in 2023.
To make it simple for Gwinnett County residents to quickly learn more about the benefits of solar
energy as well as the group purchasing concept, community organizers are hosting a free online
information session on Thursday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m.
This virtual event will feature:
● Representatives from the coalition that created Solarize Gwinnett;
● Experts in solar energy, including the locally-selected installer firm chosen via competitive
bidding, Better Tomorrow Solar;
● Information about the benefits of solar energy and battery storage and buying via Solarize
● Incentives available as well as warranties and technologies involved;
● How to easily enroll for a free solar-energy assessment of your residence or place of
To register for this free session, please visit here.